Lenstar Lenticular Print Award supported by drupa 2016
The third edition of the Lenstar Lenticular Print Award (LLPA) is up and running.
The Lenstar Lenticular Print Award (LLPA) supported by drupa 2016 is the first of its kind, and has specifically been created to reward and encourage companies and individuals in the development and use of lenticular printing throughout the marketing and communication mix. This award is an incredible opportunity for the graphic arts community to recognize the growing importance of lenticular imaging as a product differentiator and a mechanism for ensuring that promotional efforts stand out from the crowd. The award is an initiative of DP Lenticular and Lenstar, an organization committed to bringing the latest information on lenticular and new direct-to-lens lenticular printing technologies.
“We highly appreciate as well your efforts to organize again the ceremony for the Lenstar Lenticular Print Award and we are convinced that the event will lead to another great success.”
Sabine Geldermann, Director drupa
The third edition of the Lenstar Lenticular Print Award (LLPA) supported by drupa 2016 is organized in the context of the drupa innovation park (dip! – Hall 7) with the support of drupa print media fair 2016 which will have place in the Messe exhibition complex in Düsseldorf, Germany, May 31 – June 10, 2016. The drupa innovation park 2016 is a global platform for innovation presenting technology and business solutions for the future.
There is one winner (award) for each of the six different categories. The results were be announced during the LLPA Awards Ceremony on 02 June 2016 at 5PM in the drupa innovation park, hall 7. Each winning candidate will be awarded with a “Lenstar Lenticular Print Award” trophy created by Dublin Crystal, a certificate, and a digital Lenstar Lenticular Print Award logo they can show on their websites or in other forms of communications. Besides the official judging, a Public Prize will also be awarded after drupa 2016. More than 11 000 votes were recorded during drupa 2012, we hope even more in 2016 !
The organizers have decided to call this the “Supreme Public Preference Award“.
1st April 12h00 GMT 2016: deadline for receipt of the images in Europe.
The contest is open to any person or company, designer, photographer…, active in the field of creating, processing and printing of lenticular images. All visual effects such as flips, animation, zoom, morphing and 3D effects qualify for the award.
Benefits of Winning a Lenstar Lenticular Print Award
- Winners of the Lenstar Lenticular Print Award will be announced during the LLPA Awards Ceremony on 02 June 2016 in the drupa innovation park, hall 7. Also the winners will be announced on this site and to the trade press.
- The nominees will be shown on the large LLPA wall at drupa innovation park 2016 (Hall 7). Drupa is the most important event in the printing business, this created an enormous visibility, both for lenticular print and the nominees.
- The nominees and their proposed work feature in an image gallery on the Lenstar Lenticular Print Award website, with a direct link to their corresponding company website.
- Winners will be awarded with a “Lenstar Lenticular Print Award” trophy created by Dublin Crystal, a certificate, and a digital LLPA logo they can show on their websites or in other forms of communications.
- Nominees can be shown on other trade shows or exhibitions as you can see here.
- Participants receive extra recognition for their professionalism in this highly specialized field.
To cover the entirety of applications for which lenticular images are suited, six different categories have been defined. An award shall be awarded for each category.
|Sales material||Merchandising products such as postcards, posters, etc.|
|Premium promotional material||Objects, magnets, gadgets, accessories, gimmicks, etc.|
|Packaging material||Book or magazine covers, CD, DVD, in-pack content, partial or full on-pack content, labels, other packaging, etc.|
|Promotional material||Point of Sales or Point of Purchase such as poster, shelf tag, wobbler, display, aisle decoration, face frames, etc.|
|Large Format||Any format between 711 x 1016mm (28 x 40 inches) and 1219 x 1828mm (48 x 72 inches) Produced in offset or digital.|
|Artistic works||photography or digitally prepared images, created and intended to be a work of art, printed direct to the backside of the lens or laminated|
The complete list of the regulations can be found here in a couple of days.
The Lenstar Lenticular Print Award supported by drupa 2016 would not exist without :
For more information email to : firstname.lastname@example.org