Lenstar Lenticular Print Award supported by drupa 2012
The second edition of the Lenstar Lenticular Print Award (LLPA) is now finished.
The Lenstar Lenticular Print Award (LLPA) supported by drupa 2012 is the first of its kind, and has specifically been created to reward and encourage companies and individuals in the development and use of lenticular printing throughout the marketing and communication mix. This award is an incredible opportunity for the graphic arts community to recognize the growing importance of lenticular imaging as a product differentiator and a mechanism for ensuring that promotional efforts stand out from the crowd. The award is an initiative of DP Lenticular and www.lenstar.org, an organization committed to bringing the latest information on lenticular and new direct-to-lens lenticular printing technologies.
The second edition of the LLPA award was organized in the context of the drupa innovation park (dip) with the support of drupa print media fair 2012, which was held in the Messe exhibition complex in Düsseldorf, Germany, from 3 to 16 May 2012.
There is one winner (award) for each of the six different categories. The results were be announced during the LLPA Awards Ceremony on 04 May 2012 at 5PM in the drupa innovation park, hall 7. Each winning candidate was awarded with a “Lenstar Lenticular Print Award” trophy created by Dublin Crystal, a certificate, and a digital Lenstar Lenticular Print Award logo they can show on their websites or in other forms of communications. Besides the official judging, a Public Prize was also awarded after drupa 2012. The organizers have decided to call this the “Thomas Mark Supreme Public Preference Award“. Thomas Mark put all his energy in the promotion of lenticular. Many lenticular “fans” all over the World had the opportunity to communicate with him. We believe that he deserves this recognition.
More than 11 000 votes were recorded during drupa.
The contest is open to any person or company, active in the field of creating, processing and printing of lenticular images. All visual effects such as flips, animation, zoom, morphing and 3D effects qualify for the award, but is printed directly onto the back of lenticular sheets except for the new “artistic” category.
Benefits of Winning a Lenstar Lenticular Print Award
- Winners of the Lenstar Lenticular Print Award were announced during the LLPA Awards Ceremony on 04 May 2012 in the drupa innovation park, hall 7 stage 1. Also the winners are announced on this site and to the trade press.
- The nominees were shown on the large LLPA wall at drupa innovation park 2012 (Hall 7). Drupa is the most important event in the printing business, this created an enormous visibility, both for lenticular print and the nominees.
- The nominees and their proposed work feature in an image gallery on the Lenstar Lenticular Print Award website, with a direct link to their corresponding company website.
- Winners were awarded with a “Lenstar Lenticular Print Award” trophy created by Dublin Crystal, a certificate, and a digital LLPA logo they can show on their websites or in other forms of communications.
- Nominees can be shown on other trade shows.
- Participants receive extra recognition for their professionalism in this highly specialized field.
To cover the entirety of applications for which lenticular images are suited, six different categories have been defined. An award shall be awarded for each category.
|Sales material||Merchandising products such as postcards, posters, etc.|
|Premium promotional material||Objects, magnets, gadgets, accessories, gimmicks, etc.|
|Packaging material||Book or magazine covers, CD, DVD, in-pack content, partial or full on-pack content, other packaging, etc.|
|Promotional material||Point of Sales or Point of Purchase such as poster, shelf tag, wobbler, display, aisle decoration, face frames, etc.|
|Large Format||Any format between 711 x 1016mm (28 x 40 inches) and 1219 x 1828mm (48 x 72 inches) Produced in offset or digital.|
|Artistic works||created and intended to be a work of art, printed direct to the backside of the lens or laminated|
The complete list of the regulations can be found here.
The Lenstar Lenticular Print Award supported by drupa 2012 would not exist without :
For more information email to : firstname.lastname@example.org